Monday, August 20, 2007

Happiness Is A Choice

I was reading some of Michael Josephson's stuff online yesterday and something really hit me. Not like I don't already know it, but it is a good reminder for me. It is so easy to get caught up in the cycle of wanting more these days. Here is the thought provoking quote from Abraham Lincoln. He understood that happiness was essentially a way of looking at one’s life.

"A person is generally about as happy as he’s willing to be."

So, we’re more likely to experience happiness if we realize it’s not just getting what we want. It’s learning to want what we get!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder!! And so true! :) I hope you guys have a great time on your vacation! I'll be seeing you soon! :)

-Cindy :)

Cindy F said...

I have always loved that quote. Thanks for the reminder.

Jennifer Priest said...

Great reminder--thanks for posting it! I agree, it is easy to forget.